Flat Rate shipping prices can be defined on Product level or global rule on vendor level or even on the entire Marketplace level.
of course, the Free Shipping option is available too
Product Shipping Rules
Flat Shipping Rules can be configured on the country level and you can specify Flat / Free rates, in addition to which provider will be used and the cost of the additional item.
Global Shipping Rules
Global shipping rules have more options, for example, you can define the priority of execution, set rules as exclusive, and apply conditions. like what is the maximum total weight for all items, or what is the minimum order total, these conditions apply here because they are applied on vendor cart level.
Primary and secondary shipping
When listing an item in your shop, you must enter primary and secondary shipping costs.
Primary shipping cost: This is the cost of shipping the item alone.
Secondary shipping cost: This is the additional cost of shipping another purchased item.
The secondary cost applies when a buyer purchases multiple, different listings within your shop at the same time. This also applies when multiple quantities of the same item are purchased.
- When creating a listing, enter the secondary cost in the Each additional item field. If you want to offer shipping discounts for purchasing multiple items, this price should be lower than the One item cost. See examples below.
- If you don’t want to offer a discounted combined shipping rate, just enter the same amount for the primary and secondary shipping costs.
- If you want additional items to ship at no extra charge, enter $0.00 as the secondary shipping cost.
Combined shipping examples
- Primary shipping cost (One item) = $2.00
- Secondary shipping cost (Each additional item) = $0.50
- Primary shipping cost = $1.00
- Secondary shipping cost = $0.75
If Item A and Item B are purchased together, the total combined shipping cost would equal the greater primary shipping cost of the two items (Item A: $2.00), plus the secondary shipping cost of the remaining item(s) (Item B: $0.75).
If three of Item A are purchased together, the total combined shipping cost to the buyer would equal the primary shipping cost for the first item ($2.00), plus $.50 each for the two additional items. The total combined shipping cost to the buyer in this situation would be $3.00.