As a Laravel package, Laraship utilizes Composer to manage its dependencies. So, before using Laraship, make sure you have Composer installed on your machine. also before beginning installation make sure you have created a MySQL database with user and password.
Note: if you are on a shared server then its recommended to set it on your local environment and then move the final generated files and database to the server.
- Extract Laraship package to your www directory, let’s assume you call the folder to be laraship_root
- Run composer update under this directory :
1laraship_root> composer update
- copy the .env.example file to .env :
1laraship_root> copy .env.example .env
- generate application key :
1laraship_root> php artisan key:generate
- Edit the .env file to add your environment values : DB_HOST=127.0.0.1
- Migrate and seed the database :
1php artisan migrate:fresh --seed
- a superadmin user will be created automatically with the login user: email@example.com / password: 123456 , please make sure to change your password to a strong one ASAP to prevent unauthorized access.
- Since Laraship is built on Laravel, the public folder is should be your document root , if you installed Laraship on sub directory then you need to add ‘/public’ to the url , eg http://[your-domain]/[your-subdirectyory]/public
- Modules Activation: go to Administration >> Modules and activate all plugins available, please note that you can check modules dependency messages so modules will be installed based on the order needed.
- Once you’re done with Modules activation you need to activate themes by navigating to Administration >> themes, activate your theme and then import demo content to get demo pages in your system.